Fruit Salad with Orange-Blossom Syrup
generally available from health food stores and wholesalers, adds a fragrant
touch to the delicious syrup.
Orange-blossom water is distilled using bitter orange flowers and is commonly
used in beverages, confections, and baked goods.
From The Culinary Institute of America Gourmet Meals in Minutes cookbook.
Makes 8 Servings
- 2/3 cup orange-blossom water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 orange
- 1 1/4 cups cantaloupe, diced
- 2 cups pineapple, diced
- 1 1/4 cups red grapes, seeded
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup mint, chiffonade (thinly sliced)
- To make the syrup, combine the orange-blossom water and the sugar in a small saucepan. Heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar completely dissolves. Set aside until needed.
- Zest the orange using the smallest holes on a grater. Reserve the orange for another use.
- Combine all of the fruits except the kiwi in a large bowl. Serve immediately after garnishing or refrigerate until needed.
- For individual servings, place 1 cup of the fruit salad in a glass or serving dish. Top with 1 tablespoon of the syrup and 3 slices of kiwi. Garnish with the orange zest and mint. Alternately, the fruit salad can be garnished and served in a large bowl.
Want new recipes delivered to your inbox each quarter?
Sign-up for our Tasty Bites & Sips Newsletter
. Or sharpen your skills and learn to prepare similar recipes in our Boot Camps
and Saturday Kitchens
classes. Subscribe Now >