Chicken Salad with Tomato and Cucumber
The Culinary Institute of America’s chicken salad is a great way to use up chicken left over from making chicken broth.
Watch CIA chef Bill Briwa make leftover chicken in a stir-fry.
Makes 6 Servings
- 1/2 cup small-dice onions
- 2 cups medium-dice English cucumber
- 2 cups medium-dice seeded plum tomatoes
- 2 cups medium-dice cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup rough chop cilantro leaves and stems
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste if needed
- Combine the onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, chicken, cilantro, and oil.
- Toss the mixture together, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving remove the mixture from the refrigerator, add the lemon juice, and season with salt.
Per serving: 136 CALORIES, 10.5 g PROTEIN, 6 g CARBOHYDRATES, 1 g FIBER, 8 g TOTAL FAT (1 g saturated fat), 126 mg SODIUM, 26 mg CHOLESTEROL