Jicama and Red Pepper SaladJicama and red pepper salad is low in carbohydrates, calories, and saturated fats.
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, about 2 limes
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium jicama, peeled and julienned
- 1 large red pepper, cut into julienne
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 scallions, sliced thin on the bias
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- To make the dressing, combine the lime juice, sugar, Tabasco, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the oil in a steady stream, whisking constantly.
- Add the jicama, red pepper, cilantro, scallions, and garlic to the dressing and toss to combine.
- Cover the salad and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 3 days before serving. Serve the salad chilled or at room temperature.
Nutrition analysis 4.5-ounce serving: 111 calories, 1g protein, 11g carbohydrate, 7g fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 80mg sodium, 0mg cholesterol, 5g fiber.