Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Nothing says fall like pumpkins.
We’re celebrating the season with our tasty pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
Moist and delicious, these cake-like treats are flavorful and nutritious! Two cookies provide a half serving of grains and
over two grams of fiber so don’t be afraid to indulge.
Chef's note: You may replace the chocolate chips with raisins or other dried fruits and add chopped toasted nuts if desired.
Makes 36 cookies
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup room temperature butter
- 1 cup tightly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- l teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup miniature dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly spray with cooking spray. Combine the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a bowl. Whisk to mix the ingredients together and set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and brown sugar on medium speed for 3 minutes or until very light and smooth. Scrape down the bowl once to blend evenly. You may also mix the butter and brown sugar together by hand until it is very light and smooth.
- On medium speed, or by hand, add the pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla extract and blend until well-combined (the mixture may appear curdled or broken, but this is okay), about 3 minutes. Scrape the bowl down once or twice to blend evenly.
- On low speed, add the dry ingredients until just blended, about 2 minutes. Add the chocolate chips and continue to mix until they are evenly distributed in the batter, about 30 seconds.
- Use 2 serving spoons to drop batter into mounds (about 2 tablespoons each), 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets. Cookies will spread when they bake.
- Bake until the bottoms are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer to wire racks and let cookies cool completely. Store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Analysis per cookie: 80 calories, 1g protein, 11g carbohydrate, 4g fat, 85mg
sodium, 10mg cholesterol, less than 1g dietary fiber