Roasted Curried Whole CauliflowerSpice up your holiday table with The Culinary Institute of America’s Roasted Curried Whole Cauliflower.
Makes 8 servings
- 1 head cauliflower (about 3 pounds)
- 3½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash the cauliflower and trim the greens from the stem side. Use a knife to cut around the base of the cauliflower, removing the center core but leaving the florets intact. Place on the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, curry powder, and salt until blended.
- Brush the mixture onto the cauliflower so that it is evenly distributed and generously coated. Reserve any leftover oil to use as a garnish when serving.
- Roast the cauliflower for about 1 hour, until it is golden brown and fork-tender. If additional cooking time is required, but the color is perfect, tent the cauliflower with tinfoil and roast until cooked through.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Per serving: 76 CALORIES, 1.5 g PROTEIN, 4.5 g CARBOHYDRATES, 2 g FIBER, 6 g TOTAL FAT (1 g saturated fat), 93 mg SODIUM, 0 mg CHOLESTEROL